Novi Sad Al Wahda (UAE) Team Preview: FIBA 3x3 World Tour Bloomage Beijing Final
BEIJING (FIBA 3x3 World Tour) - The FIBA 3x3 World Tour Final 2017 will be staged in Beijing, China on October 28-29 and we look at the 12 participating teams. We finish our preview with Novi Sad Al Wahda (UAE).
NOVI SAD AL WAHDA (UAE)
Qualified: Winning the Utsunomiya Masters
World Tour 2017 Appearances: 6 (1st in Utsunomiya, 1sd in Prague, 1st in Lausanne, 3rd in Debrecen, 6th in Chengdu & 5th in Mexico City)
World Tour 2017 Record: 21W-4L
Previous World Tour Final appearances: 4 (2nd in 2013, 1st in 2014 & 2015 & 4th in 2016)
Top Scorer: Dejan Majstorovic: 154 points (1st overall)
#3 Marko Savic (SRB): 30 years old; 1.96m; World Rank: 2
#4 Dusan Bulut (SRB): 32 years old; 1.91m; World Rank: 4
#5 Marko Zdero (SRB): 32 years old; 1.90m; World Rank: 12
#6 Dejan Majstorovic (SRB): 29 years old, 2.00m; World Rank: 1
- Only team with Ljubljana (SLO) to win multiple editions of the World Tour (2 in 2014 and 2015)
- Same players represent Serbia in national team competitions and have won the World Cup 3 times (2012, 2016 & 2017).
- Red Bull sponsored athletes
- First-ever fully professional 3x3 team
- Bulut, Savic and Zdero grew up in the same neighbourhood and have been friends since childhood
- Majstorovic became the number 1 player in the world after leading Novi Sad Al Wahda to 3 Masters titles this season. He was MVP of both the Utsunomiya and Lausanne Masters this year. He also tied the all-time record for a World Tour Shoot-out Contest with 15 points at the Mexico City Masters.
- Bulut is the former #1 3x3 player in the World. He lost his 1st place after missing out the Lausanne Masters due to injury. He won a record 7 World Tour MVP titles (including 1 at the Prague Masters this year).
- Savic briefly became the number 1 player in the word as well this year. He also won the Shoot-Out contest at the Chengdu Masters 2017.
- Zdero is known as one of the best defenders in the World Tour